The fight against Covid-19 starts with knowledge. This page leads to information about how to recognize symptoms, official guidance on how to protect yourself and others, and what Georgia Tech is doing to help protect our community now and as we transition into more normal campus operations.
Dr. Benjamin Holton is the senior director of the Stamps Health Center.
Here is what we know about Covid-19:
- Covid-19 is the illness that a person infected with the coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) can develop.
- There is currently no vaccine for the coronavirus.
- The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to the virus.
- It is possible for people who are infected to infect others before they show symptoms (pre-symptomatic) or without ever showing any symptoms (asymptomatic).
- The virus is thought to spread primarily between people in close contact (within six feet of one another).
- Good hygiene and social distancing are the current best practices to avoid exposure.
Health and Exposure Alerts
Confirmed cases, potential exposures, action steps, and general Covid-19 health alerts.