For those students that do not already have appropriate health insurance, Georgia Tech is proud to offer StudentBlue, underwritten by BlueCross BlueShield of Georgia. You can find more details at http://studentbluega.com/gatech.
The Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) includes the following benefit enhancements to include but not limited to:
- Unlimited lifetime maximum
- Unlimited Pharmacy maximum
- Preventive care covered at 100%, as per healthcare reform requirements (not covered last year)
- $10-copay routine eye
- 100% coverage for preventive dental
Please note the following:
- Many Georgia Tech students are required to carry a certain level of health insurance as mandated by the University System of Georgia’s Board of Regents.
- Open enrollment for the Student Blue insurance plan begins on July1, 2013 for the 2013-14 academic year, and will end on September 5, 2013. Your student must enroll or waive out of the plan no later than September 5, 2013 by going to http://studentbluega.com/gatech.
- If you would like to keep your student as a dependent on your coverage, that coverage must meet a minimum requirement at http://www.studentbluega.com/gatech/docs/bor.pdf.
- You may find that Student Blue provides a better value than the current coverage you have for your student. The Atlanta area is in-network for the Student Blue plan, but may be considered out-of-network for your current plan. Talk to your current insurer and weigh the pros and cons carefully when making the decision. We have prepared the FAQs http://www.studentbluega.com/gatech/docs/Georgia%20Tech%20FAQ.pdf document to help you in the process.
For more information and to enroll in the Student Blue plan, please visit our website http://www.studentbluega.com/gatech for Georgia Tech students.