About Medical Records
Pursuant to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA), individuals have the right to access, inspect, and/or obtain a copy of their protected health information (PHI).
Stamps Health Services is committed to allowing individuals to exercise their rights under HIPAA and other applicable federal and state laws and will take necessary steps to address individual requests to access, inspect, and/or obtain a copy of their health information in a timely and professional manner.
All requests for the disclosure of protected health information are handled by the Medical Record Department. Your medical record is kept confidential at all times and is not associated with your academic record. Medical records are retained for a period of 10 years following graduation or last treatment at Stamps.
- $1 per page, maximum $5 for entire record.
- Immunization records: 1st copy at no charge, each additional copy $5.00.
Notice of Privacy Practices
- Medical Records follows the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 and applicable state law.
The HIPAA Privacy Rule requires Stamps to distribute a notice that provides a clear, user friendly explanation of individuals rights with respect to their personal health information and the privacy practices of Stamps.
Request Medical Records
You can obtain a copy of your medical records by contacting Medical Records at (404) 894-9236 or using the following methods:
- In-person: You may make a request in person at the Medical Records desk located on the second floor or Information desk located on the first floor. You need to complete our Release of Information Form and present picture identification.
- By Email: Please complete the Release of Information Form in its entirety with an appropriate signature, scan and attach to firstname.lastname@example.org
- In Writing: Please complete the Release of Information Form in its entirety with an appropriate signature and mail the form to Health Services - ATTN: Medical Records, 740 Ferst Drive Atlanta, GA 30332-0470. If you are unable to download the form, send a written request including your nine digit gtID# number, date of birth, address to send your records, years attended, and daytime phone number and appropriate signature to the address above. Please allow up to 30 days for processing.
- By Fax: Please complete the Release of Information Form with an appropriate signature and cover page and fax the form to Health Services at (404) 894-0626. ATTN: Medical Records. Please allow up to 30 days for processing.