The SHIP includes the following benefit enhancements to include but not limited to:
Unlimited lifetime maximum
Unlimited Pharmacy maximum
Preventive care covered at 100%, as per healthcare reform requirements (not covered last year)
$10-copay routine eye exam (not covered last year)
100% coverage for preventive dental (not covered last year)
Please note the following:
- Many Georgia Tech students are required to carry a certain level of health insurance as mandated by the University System of Georgia’s Board of Regents.
- Open enrollment for the Student Blue insurance plan for Spring 2014 semester begins on December 9, 2013 and will end on January 31, 2014. Your student must enroll (voluntary students) or waive out (mandatory students only) of the plan no later than January 31, 2014 by going to http://studentbluega.com/gatech. (The coverage dates from Spring/Summer 2014 are: 1/1/14 – 7/31/14)
- *NOTE: To keep your coverage current you must re-enroll in August for Fall 2014 semester.
- For Mandatory Students: If you would like to keep your student as a dependent on your coverage, that coverage must meet a minimum Board of Regents requirements. The BOR requirements can be found at http://www.studentbluega.com/gatech/docs/bor.pdf.
- You may find that Student Blue provides a better value than the current coverage you have for your student. The Atlanta area is in-network for the Student Blue plan, but may be considered out-of-network for your current plan. Talk to your current insurer and weigh the pros and cons carefully when making the decision. We have prepared a Frequently Asked Questions (in PDF Format) document to help you in the process.
If you have further questions, please visit the Frequently Asked Questions page or call Jennifer White at 404.894.0633.
For more information and to enroll in the Student Blue plan, please visit our website http://www.studentbluega.com/gatech for Georgia Tech students.