Steps to Complete the Immunization Requirements – For Students Who Received Vaccines in U.S. states outside of Georgia
Our medical records system enables you to electronically request your immunization records from the immunization registries of the states in which you received vaccines. Please follow the steps below to ensure your immunization requirements are complete.
1. Please log in to our Patient Portal.
2. Click on the Immunizations page of the Portal.
3. Click on the VeriVax button – need image once Medicat makes it active
4. Please enter your most recent address in each state where you received vaccines. Click Add Residency after each address.
5. Please accept the consent for us to retrieve your records.
6. After you have entered the most recent address for each state in which you have received vaccines, click Finish & Submit.
7. Please allow 24 hours for the data to be retrieved from the other state immunization registires. After this time, please return to the Patient Portal and continue with the steps below.
8. Click on the Immunizations page of the Portal.
9. On the bottom right of the screen, you will see a list of the immunization requirements. The items with a check mark are complete and the items with an X are incomplete. This will update as the immunization records are loaded from the state registries.
10. Depending on the items that are incomplete, you will need to take some additional steps.
A. Everyone will be incomplete for their Tuberculosis requirement initially. This is a screening that must be performed no more than six months before the start date of classes for your first term at Georgia Tech. Please see step eleven below for instructions on how to complete the Tuberculosis requirement.
B. If you are missing other requirements, but you know that you have received some of the missing items in Georgia, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and we can assist with obtaining those records from the Georgia State Immunization Registry.
C. If you are missing other requirements and you have not received those vaccines previously, please have your healthcare provider administer the appropriate vaccines (or if you previously had one of these diseases, a blood test to check for immunity). Your healthcare provider must complete our Immunization Forms to document the vaccines that were received. Once the forms are completed, please upload them on our Patient Portal on the Upload page.
D. If you are under 18 years old and would like to receive healthcare services at Stamps Health Services prior to turning 18, please have your parent or guardian complete the Medical Entrance Form (page 3 of the Immunization Forms). Please upload the Medical Entrance Form on our Patient Portal is you choose to complete it.
11. The steps to complete the Tuberculosis Requirement are based on the country where you were born. These steps must be performed no more than six months before the start date of classes for your first term at Georgia Tech.
A. For students born in the United States or Canada – Log in to our Patient Portal, the click on the Forms page. Complete the Tuberculosis Screening Form. Additional instructions will be provided within that form if any additional steps are needed.
B. For students born in all other countries – You will need to have an IGRA (Interferon Gamma Release Assay) blood test administered. Please note the following items.
- If receiving live vaccines at the same time as IGRA testing, IGRA test must be performed on the same day as the live vaccines or 28 days later.
- If the IGRA test is positive, you will need to have a chest x-ray performed within the United States or Canada to screen for active Tuberculosis.
- If you have had a previous positive test for Tuberculosis, you should obtain a chest x-ray. You do not need to receive an IGRA blood test due to the previous positive.
- Please upload the lab report (in English) and, if needed, the xray report on the Upload page of our Patient Portal so our staff can review the reports and mark the requirement as complete.
- You may complete this blood test or x-ray with your healthcare provider or at Stamps Health Services when you arrive at Georgia Tech.
If you need any assistance, please contact us at email@example.com or 404-894-1432.