- All faculty, staff, and students are strongly encouraged to receive a Covid-19 vaccine.
- No student, faculty, or staff member should be treated differently based on their Covid-19 vaccination status.
- Students should not be asked about their vaccination status and segregated in a classroom or from other instructor-student interactions (e.g., office hours, group work, field trips, labs, etc.) based on their vaccination status.
- Vaccination status can be used to determine whether a person should quarantine after a close contact with a person who tests positive for Covid-19.
- Masks/face coverings are not required on campus. University System of Georgia encourages masks based on preference and assessment of personal risk. Two exceptions may apply on campuses – health center/medical facility and public transit.
- Institutions will return to campus in the fall with no social distancing measures. Unvaccinated individuals are strongly encouraged to continue social distancing whenever possible.
Students in Experiential/Clinical Placements
Students may be required by off-campus partnering organizations to wear masks and/or be vaccinated as a condition of participation in experiential learning opportunities such as study abroad programs, externships, and delivery of medical services.
Health Centers/Medical Personnel
Medical providers may use a patient’s Covid-19 vaccination status as they would normally under the typical standard of care. Consistent with the normal standard of care, medical providers may ask for proof of Covid-19 vaccination in treating patients.
Contact Tracing/Contact Notification
In the context of contact notification/contact tracing, personnel conducting the notification may ask a person’s vaccination status and may ask for proof of vaccination; however, proof is not required.
Approval of all Covid-19 related accommodations and flexible work arrangements (including telework) expired June 30, 2021. Requests for ADA accommodations or flexible work arrangements will be reviewed in accordance with the pre-pandemic ADA accommodations or Telework/Flextime policies.
Students who need accommodations for their classes should contact their Disability Resource/Services Center.
Cleaning and Disinfecting After a Positive Case
Please see the most recent guidance related to cleaning and disinfecting facilities/areas after a person tests positive for Covid-19.