Georgia Tech Covid-19 Confirmed Cases Daily Status Report
Notifications of confirmed cases of Covid-19 at Georgia Tech are reported on a daily basis on this webpage. A confirmed case is defined as a person who has tested positive for 2019 novel coronavirus. The page includes positive results from multiple sources. Cases are not added until patients are contacted and informed. See detailed information on how our reporting process changed as of 9/29/20.**
Details of each case are provided by the individuals themselves; that information is then reported following HIPAA and public health guidelines. The reporting structure follows the format adopted by the Georgia Department of Public Health (DPH). Report a Positive Covid-19 Test.
While we understand the concerns and fear around Covid-19, it is important to continue to practice appropriate preventative strategies recommended by the CDC.
**As of Sept. 29th, we began systematic loads of health alerts data in order to deliver more timely and consistent data and enhanced transparency. This allowed for streamlined data visualization to be integrated into the page, while maintaining a detailed per-case breakdown of information. Changes included:
- A shift in results posting time from evening to mid-morning.
- Small discrepancies in archived information. This stems an audit in which a few duplicate reports were identified as well as some positive cases who were notified but not publicly reported on the correct day. Should you require additional information on these cases, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Surveillance testing data, previously reported separately from health alerts, is incorporated into the dashboard. Historically, surveillance testing results did not account for duplicate positive reports; duplicates have been removed from the new dashboard.
- Details on data:
- Tests are being reported based on when the test was run.
- Positives are being reported based on the result date.
- The surveillance incidence positivity rate is a measure based on collected date.
Report a Positive Test
- If you have received a positive test for Covid-19, please report it here: Report a Positive Covid-19 Test.
When a Positive Test is Reported
- The staff at Stamps Health Services will reach out to any affected units so that any necessary notifications of potential exposure are communicated and applicable public health guidance is followed.
- The Coronavirus Task Force will also alert Facilities to determine what, if any, additional cleaning or building closures are required.
What to Do if You Think You've Been Exposed
What to do if you suspect or if you have been exposed to a positive case of Covid-19.