Faculty, staff, and students at Georgia Tech can create guest accounts to allow their spouses, domestic partners, and dependents ages 12 and older to receive their Covid-19 vaccine at Georgia Tech.
Follow the steps below to create a Georgia Tech Guest Account for eligible family members and schedule their vaccination appointments at mytest.status.gatech.edu.
Creating a Georgia Tech Guest Account for a Spouse, Domestic Partner, or Dependent Child Age 12 or Older
- Go to passport.gatech.edu and log in using your Georgia Tech login credentials. Complete the 2-factor authentication if prompted.
- If you are asked to confirm information for your Georgia Tech account, please do so and click, “The information listed below is correct” to go to the home screen in Passport. If you are not asked to confirm information, skip to step 3.
- From the home screen in Passport, click “Manage Guests” toward the bottom left of the navigation menu.
- Click “Create a Guest Account.”
- Fill in the guest information for your family member at the top of the Create a Guest Account form.
- In the “Services” section of the form under “Basic Authentication,” make sure the first option is selected and set the dropdown list to “90 days.”
- If you would like your family member to set their own password for their Georgia Tech Guest Account, skip to step 8. If you would like to create the password for your family member’s guest account, uncheck the top box in the “Guest Password” section of the form and enter the desired password in the following Password and Confirm Password fields.
- Read and agree to the terms listed in the Sponsorship Policy Agreement using the checkbox at the bottom of the form.
- Once everything is filled out, click “Save” at the bottom of the form to create the Georgia Tech Guest Account for your family member. You will see your family member’s Guest Name and their new GT Username on the following screen. Your family member will receive an email informing them of their guest account creation with Georgia Tech.
- If your family member needs to set their own password, they will need to do so using a link in the email they receive. They will need to set their password within 24 hours of receiving the email with the link.
- If you opted to set a password for the guest account in step 7, you will see the password you set in addition to the Guest Name and GT Username on the confirmation screen. It is your responsibility to communicate that password to your family member so they can use their new Georgia Tech Guest Account.
- Please wait 30 minutes before attempting to use the guest account credentials to log in to MyTest to schedule your vaccination appointment. Refer to the steps in the next section of this guide to log in to MyTest with a family member’s Georgia Tech Guest Account and schedule a vaccination appointment.
For assistance, please contact the OIT Enterprise Service Desk (services.gatech.edu) at 404.385.5555.
Scheduling a Vaccination Appointment in MyTest With a Georgia Tech Guest Account
- Visit mytest.gatech.edu and click “Login.”
- Select “Georgia Tech Login” as your login option and enter the Georgia Tech Guest Account login credentials.
- The first time you log in to MyTest, you will be prompted to fill out a personal information form. Please use your spouse, domestic partner, or child’s name and date of birth when filling out this form. Once you fill out the form you will be taken to your Dashboard. If this is not the first time logging in to MyTest with a Georgia Tech Guest Account, skip to step 4.
- On the dashboard, click “Schedule Your Vaccine.”
- Select your desired appointment date using the date dropdown filter at the top of the page. This dropdown will filter the grid below to show you all appointment slots available on the selected day.
- Click the “Sign Up” button next to the appointment slot you’d like to reserve.
- After successfully selecting an appointment slot, you will see the “Sign Up Successful” pop up. This indicates that your appointment was saved.
- After signing up, you should also receive a signup confirmation email with information about what you need to do before your appointment and how to cancel your appointment if needed.