We have a powerful tool in the fight against the coronavirus. Covid-19 vaccines are available at Georgia Tech for those who are eligible.
Vaccine Update as of September 29, 2021
Georgia Tech continues to follow guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and work with the Georgia Department of Public Health to provide Covid-19 vaccines for the campus community.
Recently, the CDC recommended Covid-19 vaccine boosters for a broader group of people based upon age, underlying medical conditions, and risk of exposure due to occupation. These recommendations currently apply only to those who have received two doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine at least six months ago.
To address the groups at highest risk of severe illness from Covid-19, Stamps Health Services will immediately begin offering booster doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine to the following groups:
- People ages 65 years and older.
- People ages 50-64 years with underlying medical conditions.
To schedule a vaccination appointment for your booster dose, go to mytest.gatech.edu. In order to validate the type of Covid-19 vaccine you previously received, including dates of vaccination, you will need to bring your Covid-19 Vaccination Record Card with you to your appointment.
Next week, Stamps Health Services will begin offering booster doses to additional groups who may, per the recent CDC recommendations, receive a booster dose based on their individual benefits and risks. This includes:
- People ages 18-49 years with underlying medical conditions.
- People ages 18-64 years who are at increased risk for Covid-19 exposure and transmission due to occupational or institutional setting.
This recent announcement does not affect those who have already been declared eligible to receive the vaccine.
More information will be shared with the campus community about expanded eligibility and vaccine clinics as soon as it becomes available.
Vaccine Eligibility and Appointments
- Georgia Tech is following the vaccine eligibility guidelines set by the Georgia Department of Public Health.
- If you are eligible, you will need to register for a vaccination appointment using mytest.gatech.edu – the same system currently used for Covid-19 surveillance testing.
- To register for a vaccine appointment, follow these instructions: How to Schedule a Covid-19 Vaccine Appointment.
- If you are making a vaccine appointment for a spouse, domestic partner, or dependent child age 12 years or older, you will need to first create a temporary Georgia Tech Guest Account for your family member. To create a guest account, follow these instructions: How to Schedule a Vaccine Appointment for a Georgia Tech Family Member.
- We will continue to open appointments for the coming weeks. To receive notifications when new appointments are available, you may subscribe to updates at mytest.status.gatech.edu.
Please note: While strongly encouraged, it is not mandatory for staff, faculty, or students to receive the Covid-19 vaccine.
Vaccine Clinic Location and Dates
Stamps Health Services - 740 Ferst Drive, Atlanta, GA 30332
- Tuesdays from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Monday through Friday, Oct. 25 – 29 and Nov. 15 – 19, from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Parking is provided in the W02 deck.
Prior to your appointment, review the instructions for prepare for your vaccination.